Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist
The CAPS designation is awarded to professionals who have been trained in the techniques, strategies, and planning of Universal Design and home modifications.
We cater to the unique needs of the maturing adult population. We want you to be able to remain in your home safely, independantly and comfortably as your ability levels change due to age and/or disability.
Aging-in-Place may require different levels of home modifications. Some as simple as installing hand rails or stability bars, while other modifications can include renovating and entire home for wheelchair accessibility.
Examples of Home Modifications:
- Widen hallways or doorways
- Indoor and outdoor ramps
- Raise or Lower electrical outlets or switches for easy access
- Install non-glare and/or non-skid flooring
- Change doorknobs to lever handles
- Install chair lifts
- Handrails on both sides of stairways
- Add lighting under cabinets
- Adjustable height sinks
- Comfort height toilets
- Install anti-scald & single lever faucets
- Install stability bar/grab bars
- Lower or raise counter tops & cabinets
- Install walk-in shower and bench
- Zero-entry porch
- Curb-less entry shower
- And Much More!
Our staff member, Jamie Lindsay, is our Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist. She will work with you and your family members to help improve your safety, comfort, accessibility and independance as you thrive in place in your home.
Take this opportunity to contact us and schedule your FREE in-home consultation with our team today.